November 9, 2022

MY BBB: BIRTHDAY, BACHELORETTE, BRIDAL BASH





So, jumping back into wedding stuff, I wanted to write about my BBB today-- which stands for Birthday, Bachelorette, Bridal Bash. 

Back in 2020 when COVID hit, all the exciting plans I had for my bachelorette came to a screeching halt as COVID cases were going up and the world started to shut down with stay-at-home orders. Me and a group of 10 of my closest girls had plans of visiting Seattle and having a grand time! 2 of my bridesmaids live in Washington, so I was so excited to visit them and have my bach there! 

As the month of May grew closer and with no end to COVID in sight, I had to sadly cancel all my plans and every single one of my friends had to cancel flights. I was heartbroken. I was SOOO excited to finally get to see all my friends all at the same time since so many of them moved away from California through the years due to work or school. I was extremely sad. I thought, why me? I had been to so many of my friends' bachelorettes, weddings, bridal showers, etc... and then when it was FINALLY my turn... I had to cancel everything 😭

Shortly after canceling my bachlorette, we had to also make the difficult decision to postpone our wedding too. It just felt like cancelation after cancelation, and I was just getting sadder and sadder. 

To cheer me up, my lovely cousins wanted to help me celebrate SOMETHING so we all planned a Cousins Girls Trip. Since my cousin Kimberly lives in Washington, we planned the trip for when she would be back in California for the holidays so she wouldn't have to fly back multiple times. December also happens to be my birthday month so this trip was going to be my Birthday, Bachelorette, Bridal Shower all in one to make up for all the events that got canceled! 

It was so much fun planning all the little details of this weekend with my cousins! They're seriously the best and they are the sisters I never had. I was so happy and excited again!

My sweet bridesmaid Tanya sent me this delish pumpkin cake from Milk Bar

Cake Topper: @lavenderdotsdesign

My other sweet friend and cake vendor Dorcas (@finaleefloralcakes) gifted me these beautiful Earl Grey cupcakes in my fave colors-- lavender and teal of course!
Beautiful charcuterie board by Kimberly (such a work of art!)
Food Items from Aldi
Mimosa Bar station looking so cute!
Mimosa Bar Sign, Drink Stirrers, Juice Labels: @lavenderdotsdesign
Me being happy!

During this time, outdoor luxury picnics were becoming super popular because of COVID (since people preferred to celebrate outdoors in small groups). I really wanted to recreate this for my BBB Weekend. And so we did! 

With all my cousins help, the picnic turned out gorgeous! I absolutely LOVEEEEE how everything turned out! The girls were so so sweet and helpful in making my visions come to life. I am so blessed and lucky to have them. Everyone took charge of something and together, we made this end result:

Engraved Place Settings: @lavenderdotsdesign (which is our company!)
Gold Chargers: from Kimberly's wedding
Gold Cutlery and Napkins: 99 cents Store!
Garland and Runner: Amazon

Shoutout to Amy's handy dandy tripod for capturing photos like this 
Amazingly yummy Avocado Toast by amazing cousin Tiffany

The weekend was filled with so many laughs, yummy food, games, late night talks, dance parties, hair dying (?!), and so much more! It was seriously the most perfect weekend and I loved every second of it! Sometimes when I'm feeling sad, I'll just look back on these photos and remember what an amazingly fun time I had and how much love there was that weekend! 

Bride Sign: @lavenderdotsdesign
TeePee: Gifted from Amy's coworker
33 Balloons- 99 cents store
Garland: AliExpress




I LOVE MY FAMILY! 
CHEERS TO A FUN WEEKEND! 

Sometimes all you need is to just be surrounded by people who truly love you. I felt all the love that weekend and to this day, it's still one of my fave trips! We didn't even have to go anywhere (we all stayed at my cousin's house). It was just the fact that we were all together having fun! Truly felt so lucky to have these girls by my side and for all their time and effort. 

Thank you Amy, Kim, and Tiff! 

Hope this gives you all some inspo to go out into your own backyards, set up a cute little table with your girls, and enjoy basking in the sun!

with love,
Julia💜





0 comments:

Post a Comment