December 8, 2022

MY SURPRISE BACHELORETTE

I have the sweetest and bestest friends and family in the world! Just had to start this post with that note. 

Today, I wanted to write about my SURPRISE bachelorette party that my lovely bridesmaids planned secretly behind my back for months! 

I wrote in my last post about how all my bach plans for Seattle got canceled due to COVID. It wasn't looking like COVID was gonna go away anytime soon, so I just gave up hope of ever having a "real" bach. It also didn't help that almost all my friends and cousins live in different states (and flying was still limited/not ideal). 


Earl's bachelor party got canceled as well. He was going to Costa Rica. Instead, his friends planned a Vegas trip for him. I was happy that he was going to at least get to do something for his bach, but at the same time was feeling really sad for myself that I wouldn't be able to. I know it seems I write about how sad I am about all my canceled events, but you have to know that I had been dreaming about my wedding for FOREVER. Earl and I were together literally our whole lives (since 7th grade!). I was SOOOOO excited to have all the wedding related celebrations when it was finally our turn! I think that's why I took all the cancellations so hard. 


 Instead of being sad and moping around while Earl was at his bachelor party, I called my 2 cousins and asked them to distract me and hang out. I decided then that if I wasn't gonna have a bachelorette party, I would just make my cousin getaway the MOST EPIC 3-PERSON INDOOR BACH EVER! LOL! And my cousins (bless them) were so down for it!

So, my cousin Amy came over to help with some wedding crafting stuff before our getaway. My other cousin Tiff was gonna come after some errands. Around 1pm, Tiff came and asked me if I could help get some stuff out of her trunk. I said of course! and followed her out to her car. She opened the trunk and...

 SURPRISE!!!!!! 

My friend Tanya popped out (she flew in from Texas!) and then my other cousin Kimberly popped out after her (she flew in from Washington!) 

OMG. I was SO SHOCKED AND SPEECHLESS. I could only get out "NO WAY...."

At this point, I was already super happy to have these girls show up for me! After some wedding crafts, we headed to a gorgeous 3-story AirBnb in Long Beach (where Amy totally lied to me and told me that we were staying in her friend's rental! So sneaky!) There, my other cousin Jackelyne just totally walked through the front door like it was nothing (she flew in from San Francisco!). Then later that night, my other friends Atalie (she flew in from Washington) and Cristina showed up before my eyes! 

OH MY GOSH DO I HAVE THE SWEETEST FRIENDS EVER?! I couldn't believe they were all there to celebrate me! I was not expecting to see so many faces. I was so touched and felt so much love! 




I thought it was SO SWEET that they thought of cute little details to surprise me with like matching pajamas, matching shirts, personalized tumblers, and even face masks (because COVID)! They even got my other friend Jaqueline in on it with super cute soap favors that said "Wing's Bling Ring" 😍

THINGS WE DID:

- FRIDAY -

- Silverlake Ramen for dinner (takeout)

- Matching PJs + relaxing

- SATURDAY -

- Ubuntu Cafe for brunch (YUM!)

- Rooftop tea party (with boba and sweets!)

- Dance party + drinks

- Bo Beau for dinner + drinks

- SUNDAY -

- Brunch




It was a chill and relaxing weekend with my girls! Of course, due to COVID, we couldn't do a lot of the typical bachlorette things, but I still felt so loved and had an amazing time just being with my friends! I feel so lucky to have these ladies in my life... literally dropped everything during a pandemic to come and fly to me and help me celebrate. I will hold onto these people and these memories for dear life forever and ever. 

THANK YOU GIRLS!

with love, 

Julia💜



0 comments:

Post a Comment