October 7, 2022

BRIDESMAID PROPOSALS

 



One of the major things I was SUPER excited to do after getting engaged was to propose to my bridesmaids! After years of pinning my dream wedding and imagining the whole wedding journey with my fave girls... I was just SO READY to FINALLY be able to ask them! 

Every single time I went shopping and saw really cute things, I'd wanna buy it all and I'd say to myself, "I'll save this for when I ask my bridesmaids." I did this for years collecting little cute knick-knack things. I had an entire Pinterest board of sweet ways girls have asked their bridesmaids. 

I always imagined setting up a cute outdoor picnic with my proposal boxes all pretty and asking them all in person. Unfortunately, literally every single one of my bridesmaids lived out of state or super far away. So, sadly this couldn't happen and it limited the amount of things I got to include in each box. But that's OK! I still made something special to ship to each girl! 

PROPOSAL BOX CONTENTS


BOX:
Ya'll... do NOT sleep on the 99 cents store or Dollar Tree. They have really cute and good quality gift boxes. They also have the crinkle cut paper/shred that makes the boxes even prettier. I found my boxes at 99 and they came in 2 pretty colors-- a mint green and light pink, both with gorgeous floral designs on them. I couldn't find 4 boxes of the same size, so I essentially decided that the 2 bigger ones would be for my matrons of honor (I had 2) and the smaller ones would be for my 2 bridesmaids. This worked out great! 


CARD:
I designed a simple card on Photoshop using greenery graphics and personalized them with each girl's name and title. You can easily do something similar on Word or Canva if you don't have Photoshop. On the back of the cards, I wrote them all a heartfelt message about how much I love them and how much they mean to me. 


PHOTO:
If anyone knows me, they know I LOVE LOVE taking photos, editing photos, making photobooks, scrapbooks, anything with photos. I think photos are such an amazingly special memento. Literally anytime asks me what I did this exact day 5 years ago, I am able to scroll back into my photos and tell them exactly what I did/ate/wore/etc. Some people complain about how I take photos of everything, but hey... they're all thankful later! LOL! I knew I HAD to include a photo of the 2 of us-- what's even more special is that for 3/4 girls, I chose photos from when I got to be part of THEIR big day. I just printed these from my home computer and cut them out to resemble a polaroid. 


ARTISANAL SOAP AND LIP BALM:
A very good friend of mine owns and runs a handmade soap company. I knew I had to include her talent in my boxes. I chose a beautiful Jasmine scent for the soap and they all came adorned with fragrant dried florals. I also included her Rose Lip Balm. 



ROBE:
Ah. The "getting ready" robe that you literally wear just for photos for like 10 minutes LOL! I think I have like 6 of them hanging in my closet and that's totally OK! It was OK because I was doing the same thing and giving my girls another one to add to their own robe collections haha! Maybe someone should start a robe rental company? HAHA! 


CHAMPAGNE & ROSE BEARS:

I think everyone knows about Sugarfina and their famous champagne gummy bears. But me being the DIY person that I am, I wanted to make this but cuter! I saw that Target sold champagne and rosé gummy bears in individual packs. Grabbed like 6 of those. And I found these super cute jars from Daiso and popped those bears in! Then I finished them off with some twine and a personalized tag that I again designed and printed from home! 


HAND CREAM:
This was a personal fave of mine because I love little hand creams. During the cold and drier months, I use hand cream all the time. Since my line of work requires me to constantly work with my hands, they always got cut up easily. So I wanted to include Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams in Lavender scent as a little bonus to my matrons. 



JEWELRY DISH:
These were a cute little add-on for my matrons as well. I personally use jewelry dishes because I take off my ring as soon as I get home. Love my ring to death, but still can't work comfortably while wearing it! It gets caught on clothes or I freak out while washing dishes. So, into a ring dish it goes! 

THAT'S IT!
I knew that through the months, I would be gifting them other things too like their hair & makeup for the wedding day and thank you gifts so I just wanted a fun way to ask them with some basic essentials. Gifts don't have to be expensive! They just have to come from the heart. 

THEIR RESPONSES
So, for 3 of the 4 girls I asked, I had to TELL them to check their dang mail because they're such non-checking the mail-kinda people HAHAHA! I wanted these boxes to be a cute surprise for them, but I literally was so anxious because the tracking on them said "DELIVERED" for so many days and no one was responding to me! So I had to contact them and say "OMG CHECK YOUR MAIL PLEASE." 

They all responded so happily with enthusiastic "OF COURSE!"s! I was so happy and excited to finally make it official after months of having them involved with all my wedding stuff without having actually asked them yet. 

I had my girls! YAY!

Hope this gave you guys some ideas and inspiration for when you ask your besties! Remember, they love you and wanna be part of your day, so let them be excited with you! 

with love,
Julia💜




0 comments:

Post a Comment