January 14, 2023

WEDDING: GETTING READY PHOTOS

 I think one of my favorite parts of our wedding was the morning-of. Because our ceremony wasn't until 5 pm, I was able to really take my time. I even got a full 8 hours of sleep the night before, which was super nice. 

- MAKEUP -

I had a quiet morning to myself to really think about the day and enjoy what was about to happen. My bridesmaids and mom arrived to my hotel suite and shortly after, the hair and makeup team arrived. I chose Jenny Ung of Kelly Zhang Makeup to glam me up for my big day. I loved her work and knew she'd make me feel like a beautiful bride! We went with a more natural but glowy look. I wanted to feel like myself still but just more enhanced :) I loved my final look and how I got to add my own signature lip color (I never felt like "me" when I wore nude colors during my trial). I always need a little bit of a rosey pop on my lips. 

- HAIR - 

I went back and forth for a bit between wanting my hair up or down for the wedding. In my everyday life, my hair is 99% down all the time because I'm super low maintenance. So, I always felt more "me" with my hair down. However, Jenny really convinced me to do an updo because in her words, "When else will you ever do your hair like this?" and that resonated with me. It was true. I would never have such a fancy updo ever again in my life (so dramatic haha!). Updos are absolutely beautiful and really did make me feel like a bride that day. I LOVED what she did and how it matched so perfectly with my whole vibe. I loved the messier side updo that complimented my dress and venue so nicely. 

- MY WEDDING DRESS - 

Weirdly, as girly as I can be, I didn't put much stress or emphasis on my wedding dress. I can whole heartedly admit that I absolutely did NOT have that "Say yes to the dress" moment or cry when I found "the one". I remember I was totally ready to purchase my dress off Amazon or Lulu's because I really did not care too much.  When I was planning our wedding, the dollar signs just kept adding up and I was seriously trying to cut as much as I could to budget for bigger things like venue, catering, and photography (my 3 MUSTS). 

I found this bridal shop by chance while scrolling Instagram. It was a shop in Pasadena called Ivory Suite and they were liquidating. I checked their page and OMG I'VE NEVER DMed ANYONE SO QUICK BEFORE. I saw that they carried a designer that I absolutely loved (Martina Liana) and her dresses usually retail for at least $2k minimum. This bridal shop was selling Martina Liana dresses for $300!! I jumped at the chance and made an appointment for the next day with one of my bridesmaids Tanya. I tried on 5 Martina Liana dresses and loved every single one, but ultimately decided on this one because it felt the most me. I loved the train on it, that it was the perfect mix of sexy and elegant, went well with my summer outdoor venue, and I could easily move around in it and was not difficult to alter. I absolutely loved the lace detailing on it the most. Totally hit the jackpot with this one and didn't pay an astronomical price for it!




- BRIDESMAID DRESSES - 

I knew I wanted either a lavender/purple or a neutral gray for my ladies. I decided on a timeless look that would match everything in the end so went with gray. I also knew I wanted my girls to be able to choose the dress that best fit their personality or comfort (and also budget!). So, I loved that Birdy Grey offers many different styles and materials in the same color. I'm so happy with the color turnout (Dove Gray) and how beautiful my girls all looked! Here they are when I put my wedding dress on 😍



- BRIDESMAIDS GIFTS - 

I surprised my girls with my thank you gift which consisted of a beautiful pendant necklace I got from my trip to Japan (I wore a matching one that day with them), a dried floral arrangement in a cute wooden box, chocolate, a sheet mask, and adorable Rae Dunn socks that had affirmations on them that reminded me of each girl. I also included a heartfelt Thank You card that I designed myself. 


Loved these moments with my girls. Having them by my side this day was so calming, and I felt so much love being surrounded by them. Definitely one of the most memorable moments of the day since it went by the slowest and I was able to really soak it in. 

 - VENDOR LOVE - 

WEDDING VENUE: EDEN GARDENS 
VIDEOGRAPHY: SAM ENG FILMS
HAIR & MAKEUP: JENNY UNG OF KELLY ZHANG MAKEUP
CAKE & COOKIES: FINALEE FLORAL CAKES
DETAILS AND DECOR: LAVENDER DOTS DESIGN
WEDDING DRESS: MARTINA LIANA
BRIDESMAID DRESSES: BIRDY GREY


with love,
Julia💜



0 comments:

Post a Comment