January 4, 2023

My 3 Intentions for 2023


Happy New Year!

Wow. It's already 2023. Is it just me or do the years seriously fly by way too fast?! Time needs to slow down. 

4 days into the new year and I'm feeling good! Like many who don't believe in resolutions (rather than trying so hard to accomplish things in January, I take every new day as a new opportunity for change), I'm writing about my intentions for this year instead. 


MY 3 INTENTIONS FOR 2023

1. PRIORITIZE MYSELF AND MY HAPPINESS

This year more than ever, I want to prioritize my own happiness. Don't get me wrong, I love thinking of others and making people happy! But, I often find myself saying yes to things when I'm not 100% wanting to because I either feel bad or do WANT to say yes but am feeling so depleted of time and energy. It's important to have your own self-love tank filled before you can fill someone else's and I feel that I try to fill others on an empty tank sometimes. I've been reading a book and there's a chapter on boundaries. I feel like everyone could use a lesson in boundaries! Saying "No" to people doesn't make you a bad or mean person. It just means you understand your limit and don't want to drain yourself. It also means you value your own time and self-worth and want to make sure you take of you first. Whenever you say "yes" to someone or something else, you are essentially saying "no" to yourself. So, this year, I choose to say YES TO MYSELF more often and do the things I love! 

* T H I N G S  I  L O V E *

- journaling- blogging - editing photos - graphic designing - reading - dancing - traveling - coloring - event designing - creating content - cleaning - organizing - eating - drinking - cooking - scrapbooking - sending cards or gifts to loved ones

2. REFLECT MORE

I have always been a person who really tries to sit and think about life. I have always been a journaler for as long as I can remember. However, I find that when I write my thoughts down in my journal, it's mostly just me venting about this or that and never really writing about what I'm learning from that experience or how I can improve or change for the future. And if I AM writing about ways to improve, it just ends there with no follow-up later on. I then forget what it was I was working on myself for and then revert back to the way I was. I want to be better at this so that I can re-read my journal and see how I've grown through the years-- to really write from my heart and see how I can be better. 


3. TRUST IN THE TIMING OF MY LIFE/STRESS AND WORRY LESS

This one is big for me because I unfortunately compare myself to others a whole lot. Whether it's in business or in personal life, I'm always feeling behind. I have this timeline in my head that I always try to follow and I think I can 1000% say that I haven't followed any of it and that's what drives me crazy. I thought I'd be married by a certain age, have a house by a certain age, start having kids by a certain age, that our business would grow to X amount by X year, and the list goes on and on. I need to let go of this unhealthy picture of what my life is "supposed" to be and just be. Trust in the timing and know that everything will work out in the end. Trust that everyone is on a different timeline and that everyone's time will come for certain things when it's supposed to. 


Of course, I have other intentions I'd love to manifest for the new year, but these are my main 3. I love a fresh start and I'm excited for whatever this year will bring! 

I hope your new year will be filled with love, health, success, lots of happiness, and more of what you enjoy doing!


Let's go 2023!


with love,

Julia💜

0 comments:

Post a Comment